The challenge I set myself was to create a mix where every track had a French producer or remixer, to prove that the French do make really good underground music - and to go over a variety of house music genres.
I like the flow of this mix, starting with more summery house tracks, then goes into deeper territory before going into percussive house and the beautiful classic by Agoria - Les Violins Ivres.
Then my favourite mix where I mix the aforementioned track into the Amine Edge remix of Ghetto Kraviz - upping the tempo and I was surprised how well together they went together when mixing, I had feared a car crash.
I finished the mix off in techno territory, and with a bona-fide classic.
I recorded it in one attempt, though I appreciate a few of the mixes were slightly off, either in terms of beat-matching just being a tiny bit off perfection, or sometimes my timing. I am starting to think that at this stage in the Superstar DJ project there perhaps should be a bit more quality control, which is why I haven't really promoted this mix at all.
It is good, everyone I have played it to has given me positive feedback - but I know I can do better.
Tracklisting as follows:
1. Etienne De Crecy - Prix Choc
2. Dan Ghenacia & Shonky - Close To The Edge
3. Okain - Sleepwalking
4. Intruder - Amame (Dyed Soundorom Downtown Remix)
5. Gwen Maze & Jef K - Boy Meets Girl
6. Dan Ghenacia - Da Doo Da
7. Agoria - Les Violons Ivres (Super Remix)
8. Nina Kraviz - Ghetto Kraviz (Amine Edge Mix)
9. Jennifer Cardini & Shonky - August In Paris
10. Chateau Flight - Chichi Devils
11. Agoria - Code 1026