Mix

Adverts

Sunday 1 April 2012

James Winfield Debut DJ Set Upcoming...

It's been a while since I have posted on my Superstar DJ blog, 16th February to be exact so about 6 weeks ago if I can still add up.

But I do now have something to show you:


Yes - you read correctly at the bottom, that is my name!

I've felt ready to test the DJing water for a while, wondering where I would get my first opportunity, and I am delighted that I am getting to play my debut for a very good friend, Paul Jay, someone who is not only a very good friend but is also a very good promoter and DJ too, who has put on some excellent parties in Reading that I used to frequent a few years ago - along with regular parties in Cardiff, and nowadays Basingstoke - amongst other places.

In the end, all I had to do was ask.

And I will be alongside two other very good friends - I couldn't really ask for any more.

So this week is all about that little bit extra effort in tune-searching, burning some more CDs and spending a decent amount of time behind the decks.

Don't ask me what I am going to play yet - I have some ideas but it just depends on what I am feeling, and what the people in the garden like and react to...what they hopefully dance to.  I won't be planning it, I will just have a few tunes in mind and apart from the handful that I really want to play, I will just go with the flow of the night.

Roll on Friday - a Very Good Friday indeed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment